How do I reconnect previously connected smart recessed downlights?
If you have successfully installed your smart light before but it is disconnecting or offline it is most likely because your smart recessed light lost power or access to the internet.
Any of these issues could cause your device to need reconnecting:
- A power outage, router, or internet service provider disruption.
- If your smart device loses power by a light switch being toggled off or a fixture being turned off.
- Router equipment failures.
- If there are changes to your network, a new network name, new network password, or a new router or range extender could all disconnect your light.
Disconnecting could also be happening due to poor Wi-Fi signal strength
Here's an article on How to Troubleshoot Wi-Fi.
If your light is disconnected you will need to connect it again using the Feit Electric app.
- If the light is not already blinking rapidly, you may need to disconnect it from power and reconnect it until it flashes indicating it is in pairing mode.
- Follow the instructions in the Feit Electric app to connect your light. Here's a guide How to Connect Smart Recessed Lighting Using the Feit Electric App