If you have previously connected a Smart Wi-Fi device but are now having problems here are some tips.
Consider your Wi-Fi network coverage and bandwidth.
- Look at where your router is located. If it's in the basement or attic or far away from your device or Wi-Fi is impeded by concrete you may have a coverage issue. Try bringing your device closer to within 20 feet of your router to see if it connects.
- You may also need to consider upgrading your router or adding a range extender or booster to improve your coverage and bandwidth availability.
Here's an article with more Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Tips
Check your router settings
You may need to check your router's admin page where you manage settings including passwords and updates. Or you may need to consult your router brand, ISP, or service provider for assistance. Some things to check include:
- Device limits - your router may have a setting restricting the number of connected devices.
- Manually enabling WPS may be required - check to see if your router or range extenders use WPS or Wi-Fi protected setup.
Forget your Wi-Fi network and restart your smartphone
- For iOS users: Go to your phone Settings>Wi-Fi to see the names of the networks available. then use the small I sign next to the network name.
- For Android users; Open the settings app>Choose Wi-Fi & Wireless and Networks. Choose the wireless network from the list. Long press the network name to forget the network.
- Then restart your smartphone, reconnect to your 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, and try installing your smart Feit Electric device.
Reset your Feit Electric smart bulb and reconnect
To reset the bulb turn the bulb on/off/on/off/on. Here's a video showing how.
Force close the app
- For iOS users: If your device has a Home button, just double press to open the App Switcher and then swipe up to quit the app. If you do not have a Home button, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of your screen. Then swipe left or right to select the Feit app and swipe up to close.
- For Android users: Open the settings app> Choose Apps or Apps & Notifications. You may need to select "See all apps" to view all opened applications. Tap the Feit app to force close.
Try AP mode or other connection methods
Your Feit app will show other connection methods in the connecting screens. One method is AP Mode. Here's a video and setup guide How to Connect Smart Wi-Fi Bulbs Using the Feit Electric App.
What Does it Mean if My Smart Bulb is Offline or Flashing?
How to Reset the Smart bulbs
How to Troubleshoot Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues
Article is closed for comments.