My smart indoor plug is disconnecting and flashing.
If you have successfully installed your smart plug before but it is disconnecting or offline it is most likely because your smart plug lost power or access to the internet.
Any of these issues could cause your device to need reconnecting:
- A power outage, router, or internet service disruption can disconnect your smart device from the network.
- If your smart device loses electrical power by a light switch being toggled off or if a fixture is turned off, this would disconnect your smart device.
- Router equipment failures.
- If there are changes to your network - a new name, password, new router, or range extender could all disconnect your smart device.
This could also be happening due to poor Wi-Fi signal strength.
Here's an article on How to Troubleshoot Wi-Fi
If your smart plug is disconnected you will need to connect it again using the Feit Electric app.
- If the indicator light is not already blinking rapidly, press and hold the power button until it is blinking rapidly.