Setting up Automations
Scenes and Automations can be used to set up tasks for devices to do automatically.
You can access the feature from the Feit Electric Home Screen by pressing Smart Scenes.
An Automation combines a Condition (if this happens) with Tasks (then that happens). Once set up they appear in the Feit Electric app.
- From the Smart Scenes home screen toggle Automation. And press + to create a new Automation.
- Then select a Condition. (If this happens..). Conditions can be if the weather or location of your smartphone changes, schedule, or device status. In this example, we are setting a condition around the location. And having it be when the app user arrives home.
- The next step is to set up a Task if the Condition is satisfied. In this example, we chose Run the Device.
- You can choose any device connected to your app. And customize settings you want to automatically happen. In this example we want the outside lights to go on at a certain brightness level.
- You can customize your Automation by writing in a name and picking an image and effective period.
- The Automation will then appear on your app Automation page for easy access. And you can toggle it On/Off or edit it by pressing the Toggle Switch.
Now that you're familiar with setting up an automation, you're probably wondering how to delete an automation. Please follow the easy steps below:
- From the Feit app home screen, tap on Smart Scenes
- Tap on the Automation you would like to delete
- Tap on the three dots (...) in the top right-hand corner
- Tap on Delete Smart at the bottom
For good measure, go ahead and clear the cache in the app as well. Please follow the easy steps below:
- From the Feit app home screen, tap on Profile
- Tap on Settings
- At the bottom of the next screen, tap on Clear Cache
- How to set up Siri Shortcuts How do I set up Smart Scenes?