Read the article below to set up your Smart Dimmer on the Feit Electric App.
For more detailed instructions, read the user guide here.
Step 1: Getting Ready for Setup
Before getting started you'll need:
- A smart device running iOS 9.3 or Android 4.4 or above.
- A 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network
- To install your Smart Dimmer. If you have not yet installed your Smart Dimmer follow How Do I Install the Smart Dimmer as a Single Pole Dimmer? or How Do I Install the Smart Dimmer as a 3-Way Dimmer?
Step 2: Connect to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Download the Feit Electric App
1. First, make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4Ghz network. The Smart Dimmer only operates on a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi frequency and is not compatible with 5Ghz networks (in some cases you may need to set up a dedicated guest network on this frequency). Make sure that your phone is not using a VPN app in the background. If you are not able to see a 2.4 GHz network in your Wi-Fi listing contact your service provider or router manufacturer for support.
2. Download the Feit Electric App
3. Tap Register to create a new account and follow the directions in the app or Log in
Step 3: Set Up Your Smart Dimmer
1. If your Smart Dimmer is installed, press the power button on the Smart Dimmer. You will see a solid circular light when the Smart Dimmer is powered on.
2. Open the Feit Electric app and click the "+" on the top right corner of the screen OR click on Add Device.
3. Choose control & sensors, and then dimmer switch.
4. If the indicator light is blinking, tap confirm. If it is not blinking, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds or until it starts blinking. Then tap confirm.
5. Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network. Note: Make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network. The Smart Indoor Plug is NOT compatible with a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.
6. The Smart Dimmer will now begin connecting. If connection fails, check and make sure you entered your Wi-Fi password correctly. If connection fails again, stop and repeat the previous step, or view help for other tips.
7. To rename your Smart Dimmer, tap the pen icon and enter a new name. Then tap save.
8. To turn on or off, tap the dimmer icon.
9. To dim up or down, press and hold the dimmer icon, and then swipe your finger up or down on the dimmer that appears on your screen.
10. Tap settings to adjust the minimum brightness levels as needed.
Article is closed for comments.