The below video will cover:
- Floodlight Security Camera Installation
- Feit Electric app set-up
- Camera features such as: Motion Detection Zones and Floodlight set times and much more
Step 1: Getting Ready for Setup
Before getting started you'll need:
- A smart device running iOS 9.3 or Android 4.4 or above.
- A 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network
- To mount and install your Smart Flood Light Camera. If you have not yet installed your Smart Flood Light Camera click Enter the new "How do I install the smart flood light camera" article here for a step-by-step how-to guide or follow our detailed User Guide here.
Step 2: Connect to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Download the Feit Electric App
1. First, make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4Ghz network. The Smart Flood Light Camera only operates on a 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi frequency and is not compatible with 5Ghz networks (in some cases you may need to set up a dedicated guest network on this frequency). Make sure that your phone is not using a VPN app in the background. If you are not able to see a 2.4 GHz network in your Wi-Fi listing contact your service provider or router manufacturer for support.
2. Download the Feit Electric App
3. Tap Register to create a new account and follow the directions in the app or Log in to your account.
Step 3: Mount and Hardwire the Flood Light Camera
Here's an article on How to Mount for more information. You will need to have it connected to power.
Step 4: Connect Using the App
Select Device and QR Code Method in the Feit App
Here's a video showing you the steps. You will need to have your phone near the Smart Flood Light Camera to connect to Wi-Fi using the QR Code method.
Open the Feit Electric app and tap the + sign in the upper right of the screen to add a device.
Select Security & Cameras
Confirm QR Code is selected in the top right. And make sure the indicator light is flashing and press confirm.
Step 5: Use the QR Code in the App to Pair
The app will generate a QR Code in the app. Hold your phone with the app screen with the QR Code 6-12 inches away from the Smart Flood Light Camera with the QR Code clearly visible on the screen.
It may take 2-3 times before the camera successfully reads the QR code. You will hear an audible tone when it is successful. Press "I heard the beep" to begin pairing. You will receive a confirmation screen if you have successfully paired the device.
Tip: Sometimes glare from direct sunlight will make it harder for the camera to read the QR code. Try moving your camera and your phone app screen out of direct sunlight if you are having trouble with the camera reading the QR code.
Still Not Connected? Try EZ Mode.
You can also try connecting using EZ Mode.
1. If your Smart Flood Light Camera is installed, be sure to power it on.
2. Open the Feit Electric app and click the "+" on the top right corner of the screen OR click on Add Device.
3. Tap Security & Cameras, then tap camera.
4. In the top right corner select EZ Mode as the installation method.
If the indicator light is blinking, tap confirm. If it is not blinking, press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds or until you hear an audible tone. Then tap confirm.
5. Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network. Note: Make sure your phone is connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network. The Smart Flood Light Camera is NOT compatible with a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network.
6. The Smart Flood Light Camera will now begin connecting. Once the Smart Light Camera connects, the indicator light should turn into a solid blue light. If connecting fails, check and make sure you entered your Wi-Fi password correctly. If the connection fails again, stop and repeat the previous step, or view help for other tips.
7. To rename your Smart Flood Light Camera, tap the pen icon and enter a new name. Then tap save, and done.
8. Press and hold the Smart Flood Light Camera icon to enter the control panel where you can see live video, record live video, take screen shots, speak to visitors, press the siren, call 911, and play back video. Note: If you want to record video, make sure the record switch is on in the SD Card Record Settings.
9. You are now ready to use your Smart Flood Light Camera.
If you are having troubles please check out Troubleshooting Connecting Smart Flood Light Camera.